There are many aspects and things general readers expect from writers to pour into the story. Truth to be told, without those aspects like mystery, romance, thriller, comedy, a story looks incomplete from the eye of a reader. While you can go through our Eleanor Oliphant Review, here is some back story of the Author Gail Honeyman and the book:
While being many books about friendship have been published, yet Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine by Gail Honeyman has successfully managed to make her Debut novel The NewYork Times bestseller. And also have made a lot of sales in the few weeks of its release. Gail Honeyman succeeded in providing what readers wanted and made Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine a brilliant book.
The main point where readers really are connecting with this book is because of the main character of Eleanor Oliphant. She is socially awkward, for her weekends aren’t meant for partying but to stay at home, relax, turn the TV on and have booze and frozen pizza. In short, she is portrayed as a single and lonely girl. But when she meets Raymond, who is an IT guy from the work she immediately feels there is some kind of bond between them. As they escalate their friendship, they both help each other in growing and eliminating the loneliness from their lives.
Owning a book club can lead to many things, they also give great motivation to the writer, there is nothing more pleasing for an Author than a bunch of people discussing the book.
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine Book Club Questions
Let’s find out the Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine’s Book Club Questions you can collect:
- While being aware of Eleanor’s lifestyle, do you think it is a healthy way to live? What changes she should have made earlier?
- In our lives, we take many things for granted, and which is overlooked by Eleanor, which things do you think she should adopt?
- Do you think she is in touch with her mother? If yes, then what is your opinion on the kind of relationship she is sharing with her?
- There are a lot of different qualities of Eleanor mentioned in the book. Discuss it and which particularly do you like and is it practically applicable?
- What do you think does the future hold for Eleanor and Raymond? Discuss what could happen to them in the next 5 years!
- Do you find the ending satisfying?
There are a lot of emotional points where you would feel really bad about the character. Author Gail Honeyman has really drawn the attention of readers all over the world and has put a lot of matter and effort into the book. We are still waiting to find out what Gail is going to write in the future and how will it affect the market again.
This book will be a perfect fit for any book club and especially for those who are finding something very unique to read and are ready to cry while reading the book.