Determination is an integral part of being successful. If you’re seeking more determination, these determination quotes are a good starting point.
Although determination is a powerful and positive motivational tool, however, staying determined can be extremely difficult when faced with difficulties and obstacles. For everything from losing weight, to stopping smoking cigarettes, it takes a tremendous amount of determination to reach the goals we have set for ourselves.
It is a determination that motivates us to strive to improve our lives, make positive changes in our lives and improve our chances of being successful. It allows us to create goals and lead more healthy lives, and improve relationships with others.
The power of determination motivates us to dream larger and be more successful for ourselves. If we look up to hardworking and successful individuals as role models, we feed our own determination and stay invigorated to achieve new goals.
Here are the most inspirational quotes on determination that will inspire you to pursue your goals!
Quotes About Determination
1.“I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. And because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do the something that I can do.” ― Edward Everett Hale
2. “Determination is the wake-up call to the human will.” – Tony Robbins
3. “Think little goals and expect little achievements. Think big goals and win big success.” – David J. Schwartz
4. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” ― Maya Angelou
5. “You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.” ―George Lorimer
6. “The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground.” -Author Unknown
7. “To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused on the outcome, not the obstacles.” ― T.F. Hodge
8. “He that can have patience can have what he will.” ― Benjamin Franklin
9. “Fall seven times, stand up eight.”- Japanese Proverb
10. “Never consider the possibility of failure; as long as you persist, you will be successful.” ― Brian Tracy
11. “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” ― William Faulkner
12. “I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat.” ― Winston S. Churchill
13. “There’s only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything.” ―Vince Lombardi
14. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance. The wise grows it under his feet.”― James Oppenheim
15. “We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the course of history.”―Sonia Johnson
16. “If you would hit the mark, you must aim a little above it; Every arrow that flies feels the attraction of earth.” ― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
17. “Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
19. “Never underestimate the determination of a kid who is time-rich and cash-poor.” ― Cory Doctorow
20. “A vow is fixed and unalterable determination to do a thing, when such a determination is related to something noble which can only uplift the man who makes the resolve.” – Mahatma Gandhi
21. “What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog.” –General Dwight D. Eisenhower
22. “Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal.” – Henry Ford
23. “Determination is the wake-up call to the human will.”- Anthony Robbins
24. “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” ― Roopleen
25. “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.” ― Criss Jami
26. “There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.” – Colin Powell
27. “Nothing really worth having comes quickly and easily. If it did, I doubt that we would ever grow.” – Eknath Easwaran
28. “When someone tells me “no,” it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” ― Karen E. Quinones Miller
29. “Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” ― Winston Churchill
30. “A difficult time can be more readily endured if we retain the conviction that our existence holds a purpose – a cause to pursue, a person to love, a goal to achieve.”- John Maxwell
31. “Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” – Theodore Roosevelt
32. “I think and think for months and years. Ninety-nine times, the conclusion is false. The hundredth time I am right.” -Albert Einstein
33. “Don’t let mental blocks control you. Set yourself free. Confront your fear and turn the mental blocks into building blocks.” ― Dr Roopleen
34. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” ― Vince Lombardi
35. “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” ― Dr Roopleen
36. “Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack in everything
That’s how the light gets in.” ― Leonard Cohen
37. “I determined never to stop until I had come to the end and achieved my purpose.” ―David Livigstone
Quotes on Determination
38. “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses.” ― George Eliot
39. “There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.” ― Beverly Sills
40. “If you want to be successful, find someone who has achieved the results you want and copy what they do and you’ll achieve the same results.” ―Tony Robbins
41. “You may be the only person left who believes in you, but it’s enough. It takes just one star to pierce a universe of darkness. Never give up.” ― Richelle E. Goodrich
42. “Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.” ― Criss Jami, Killosophy
43. “A year from now you may wish you had started today.” ― Karen Lamb
44. “I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go.” ― Langston Hughes
45. “To succeed… you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you.” – Tony Dorsett
46. “When the will is ready the feet are light.” – Proverb
47. “Mind is all that counts.” – Robert Collier
48. “When you blame others, you give up your power to change.” – Douglas Noel Adams
49. “There is no telling how many miles you will have to run while chasing a dream. ” –Unknown
50. “Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” –Thomas A. Edison
51. “God gives every bird a worm, but he does not throw it into the nest.” –Swedish Proverb
52. “I honestly think it is better to be a failure at something you love than to be a success at something you hate.” – George Burns
Determination Hard Work Quotes
53. “The secret of happiness lies in taking a genuine interest in all the details of daily life, and in elevating them to art.” – William Morris
54. “Never give up, for this is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
55. “Tomorrow is the only day in the year that appeals to a lazy man.” – Jimmy Lyon
56. “It is easier to act yourself into a new way of feeling rather than feel your way into a new way of acting.” – G. D. Morgan
57. “The greatest waste in the world is the difference between what we are and what we could become.” – Ben Herbster
58. “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” ― Maya Angelou
59. “For true success ask yourself these four questions: Why? Why not? Why not me? Why not now?” – James Allen
60. “There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.” -Buddha
61. Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough. – Og Mandino
62. Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness, heart, talent, guts. That’s what little girls are made of.- Bethany Hamilton
63. “Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task.” – William James
64. “Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want.”-Jim Rohn
65. “Willpower is the art of replacing one habit for another.” – Michael Garofalo
Confidence and Determination Quotes
66. “Decide carefully, exactly what you want in life, then work like mad to make sure you get it!” – Hector Crawford
67. “Men who are resolved to find a way for themselves will always find opportunities enough; and if they do not find them, they will make them.” – Samuel Smiles
68. “The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it.” – Moliere
69. “A determined person will do more with a pen and paper, than a lazy person will accomplish with a personal computer.” -Catherine Pulsifer
70. “The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack in will.” ― Vince Lombardi Jr.
71. “Give the world the best you have, and the best will come to you.” -Madeline Bridge
72. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
73. “Continuous, unflagging effort, persistence and determination will win. Let not the man be discouraged who has these.” – James Whitcomb Riley
74. “Within each of us is a hidden store of determination. Determination to keep us in the race when all seems lost.” – Roger Dawson
75. “Determination becomes obsession and then it becomes all that matters.” – Jeremy Irvine
76. “Life is not only merriment, it is desire and determination.” – Kahlil Gibran
77. “Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure.” – Earl Wilson
Determination Quotes To Achieve Your Goals
78. “Today I am determined to go through the day with ought hurting myself, or another, with my thoughts or my actions.” — Gerald Jampolsky
79. “The power of determination will make you unstoppable.” — Jean Charest
80. “Along with a strong belief in your own inner voice, you also need laser-like focus combined with unwavering determination.” — Larry Flynt
81. “I never deviated from my grim determination to someday have all the money I needed and wanted.” — Taylor Caldwell
82. “Whenever there is a challenge, there is also an opportunity to face it, to demonstrate and develop our will and determination.” — Dalai Lama
83. “We have to compete within ourselves relative to the determination it takes to be successful.” — Nick Saban
85. “You cannot swim for new horizons until you have courage to lose sight of the shore.” —William Faulkner
86. “Nothing great will ever be achieved without great mean, and men are great only if they are determined to be so.” —Charles Du Gaulle
87. “Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task.” —William James
88. “A failure establishes only this, that our determination to succeed was not strong enough.” —John C. Bovee
89. “decision and determination are the engineer and fireman of our train to opportunity and success.” —Burt Lawlor
90. ” What does it take to be a champion? Desire, dedication, determination, concentration and the will to win.” — Patty Berg
91. “When obstacles arise, you change your direction to reach your goal; you do not change your decision to get there.” ~ Zig Ziglar
92. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man’s determination.” – Tommy Lasorda
93. “A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.” ~ Colin Powell
94. “It will never rain roses: when we want to have more roses, we must plant more roses.” – George Eliot
Self Determination Quotes
95. “Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.” ~ Gail Devers , Dedication & determination quotes
96. “No one can pull anyone back from anywhere. You save yourself or you remain unsaved.” – Alice Sebold
97. “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.” ~ Lou Holtz
98. “To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused on the outcome, not the obstacles.” – T.F. Hodge
99. “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
100. “I have discovered in life that there are ways of getting almost anywhere you want to go, if you really want to go.” – Langston Hughes
101. “In all human affairs there are efforts, and there are results, and the strength of the effort is the measure of the result.” ~ James Allen
102. “Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter.” – Robert Greene
103. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” ~ Martin Luther King, Jr.
104. “Don’t wait for your ship to come in, swim out to it.” – Cathy Hopkins
105. “When you locate good in yourself, approve of it with determination. When you locate evil in yourself, despise it as something detestable.” ~ Confucius
106. “From this point forward, you don’t even know how to quit in life.” – Aaron Lauritsen
107. “Don’t be afraid to give your best to what seemingly are small jobs. Every time you conquer one it makes you that much stronger. If you do the little jobs well, the big ones will tend to take care of themselves.” ~ Dale Carnegie
108. “You are only a prisoner when you surrender.” – Tad Williams
109. “Determine that the thing can and shall be done and then… find the way.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
110. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance. The wise grows it under his feet.” – James Oppenheim
111. “If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it.” ~ Michael Jordan
112. “There is no such thing as helplessness. It’s just another word for giving up.” – Jefferson Smith
113. “To turn your dreams into reality, all your resources, efforts and concentration should be aligned in the same direction.” – Dr. Roopleen
What of the following quotes about determination do you think you liked the most?
determination is the foundation of the success of every human being.
It takes determination to be a successful and successful person in the world.
It’s sometimes difficult to keep the determination or the willpower to keep it going.
Perhaps these wise phrases and quotes about determination will help you prepare to face whatever comes your way.
Did you enjoy these quotations?
What other quotations from determination could you include on this list?
Comment in the section below.
We’d be delighted to hear from you about it.