Smriti Mandhana is a talented Indian cricketer who represents the Indian Women’s Team. She is a left-handed player who has represented the Indian women’s cricketers in international competitions. Smriti Mandhana made her debut in 2013 against Bangladesh and has since represented India in all forms. Here is a short wiki about Smriti for you.
Smriti Mandhana was born on July 18, 1996, in Mumbai, to Smita and Shrinivas Mandhana. Her father and brother, Shravan, both played district cricket for Sangli, and she was motivated to participate after witnessing her brother compete in Maharashtra state Under-16s competitions. She was chosen for Maharashtra’s Under-15 squad when she was nine years old. She was elected for the Maharashtra Under-19s team when she was eleven years old.
In October 2013, she made history by being the first lady to achieve a double century in a one-day match. In the West Zone Under-19 Match in Vadodara at Alembic Cricket Pitch, she made an unbeaten 224 runs off 150 balls for Maharastra against the Gujarat team. She played her first international test series for India against England in August 2014 at Wormsley Park, scoring 22 and 51 during her first and second innings. She scored in several matches while all of the other players were ejected due to low scores.
Smriti Mandhana Quotes”I no longer see myself as a woman cricketer why should there be labels when none are required.
1. “I no longer see myself as a woman cricketer why should there be labels when none are required.” – Smriti Mandhana
2. “My father had a dream that one of his children would play for India and it feels good that I’ve made it come true .” – Smriti Mandhana
3. “The Day woman’s cricket starts earning revenue, I will be the first person to say that we need the same thing. But right now, we can’t say that …and for that, we need to perform, it is unfair on our part to say that we need to be paid as much as the men- it is not right .” – Smriti Mandhana
4. “Fearless doesn’t mean careless,. There is a thin line between fearless and careless. I think we need to play fearlessly.” – Smriti Mandhana
5. “Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones then you will get the positive results .” – Smriti Mandhana
Smriti has always been a main role player for the Indian team. Let her hard work reach heights, and always inspire every woman with her game.