Tupac Amaru Shakur was an American rapper and poet. He also acted as an actor and activist. These 92+ Tupac quotes show the genius and creativity of this amazing artist.
Born in Harlem, in 1971, he was a keen artist from an early age and learned his craft at the schools where he went to school.
In high school, Tupac performed in plays and rapped. His music career took off after he was recruited by Digital Underground in 1988 and started rapping in their songs.
Tupac’s debut album was released in 1992. It was controversial. He also started acting in films like Poetic Justice and Above The Rim.
Four more albums were released by Tupac during his career. They contained his social and political messages. These Tupac quotes are great examples of those messages, and they still resonate today.
Tupac Quotes About Life, Friends, Loyalty, Love, and Life
1.Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.
2. A coward dies a thousand deaths. A soldier dies but once.
3. Tupac quote “No one can take away your dreams”
4. This fast life soon shatters, cause after all the lights and screams, nothing but my dreams matter.
5. It’s a struggle for every young Black man. You know how it is, only God can judge us.
6. I don’t want it if it’s that easy.
7. It don’t stop ’til the casket drop.
8. I am a hard person to love but when I love, I love really hard.
Tupac Quotes About
9. They have money for war but can’t feed the poor.
10. During your life, never stop dreaming. No one can take away your dreams.
11. Whatever you see you gotta keep a sense of humor; you gotta be able to smile through all the bullshit.
12. I did not wanted to become the victim, so became the bully.
13. Don’t believe everything you hear. Real eyes, realize, real lies.
14. We was young and we was dumb, but we had heart.
15. Many dreams are what we had and plenty wishes.
16. For every dark night, there’s a brighter day.
Tupac Quotes About Life
17. I think I’m a natural-born leader. I know how to bow down to authority if it’s authority that I respect.
18. You gotta make a change. You see the old way wasn’t working so it’s on us, to do what we gotta do to survive.
19. Don’t believe everything you hear: Real eyes, Realize, Real lies.
20. Watch for phonies, keep your enemies close, watch your homies.
Tupac Quotes About Love
21. Tomorrow I wake with second wind and strong because of pride. I know I fought with all my heart to keep the dream alive.
22. We probably in hell already, our dumb asses not knowin’, everybody kissin’ ass to go to heaven ain’t goin’.
23. If they take half the buildings that they use to praise God and give it to the motherfuckers who need God we’d be ‘aight.
24. I’m not saying I’m gonna change the world, but I guarantee that I will spark the brain that will change the world.
Tupac Quotes About Loyalty
25. Pay no mind to those who talk behind your back, it simply means that you are two steps ahead.
26. The seed must grow regardless of the fact that it’s planted in stone.
27. Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.
28. All I’m trying to do is survive and make good out of the dirty, nasty, unbelievable lifestyle that they gave me.
29. Our future is our confidence and self-esteem.
30. Everybody’s at war with different things. I’m at war with my own heart sometimes.
31. So no matter how hard it gets, stick your chest out, keep ya head up…. and handle it.
32. Behind every sweet smile, there is a bitter sadness that no one can see and feel.
33. Just cause you live in the ghetto doesn’t mean you can’t grow.
34. Should I just stop trying and give up? But then, that’s exactly what they’re waiting for me to do.
Tupac Quotes About Friends
35. I would rather be stricken blind, than to live without expression of mind.
36. The world moves fast and it would rather pass by than to stop and see what makes you cry.
37. I mean why have 52 rooms and you know there’s somebody with no room? It just don’t make sense to me.
38. Always do your best, don’t let the pressure make you panic.
39. Life is a wheel of fortune and it’s my turn to spin it.
40. I don’t see why everybody feel as though that they gotta tell me how to live my life.
41. I set goals, take control, drink out my own bottle. I make mistakes but learn from every one.
42. Everytime I speak, I want the truth to come out. Everytime I speak I want a shiver.
43. Ain’t a woman alive that could take my mama’s place.
Tupac Quotes Trust
44. Don’t change on me. Don’t extort me unless you intend to do it forever.
45. My mama always used to tell me: ‘If you can’t find somethin’ to live for, you best find somethin’ to die for.’
46. I don’t have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated.
47. I just don’t know how to deal with so many people giving me that much affection. I never had that in my life.
48. All I’m trying to do is survive and make good out of the dirty, nasty, unbelievable lifestyle that they gave me.
Tupac Quotes About Friends
49. When you do rap albums, you got to train yourself. You got to constantly be in character.
50. Somebody help me, tell me where to go from here cause even thugs cry, but do the Lord care?
51. Life’s a wheel of fortune and it’s my chance to spin it.
52. Everybody’s at war with different things. I’m at war with my own heart sometimes.
53. Let the Lord judge the criminals.
54. I would rather have been shot straight-up in cold blood-but to be set up? By people who you trusted? That’s bad.
Tupac Quotes About Life Short
55. The only thing that comes to a sleeping man is dreams.
56. What I learned in jail is that I can’t change. I can’t live a different lifestyle – this is it. This is the life that they gave and this is the life that I made.
57. We all gonna die, we bleed from similar veins.
58. I feel like role models today are not meant to be put on a pedestal. But more like angels with broken wings.
59. My mama always used to tell me: ‘if you can’t find somethin’ to live for, you best find somethin’ to die for.’
60. If God wanted me to be quiet he would’ve never showed me what he does.
61. I’ll probably be punished for hard living.
62. I am society’s child. This is how they made me and now I’m sayin’ what’s on my mind and they don’t want that. This is what you made me, America.
63. I don’t have no fear of death. My only fear is coming back reincarnated.
64. I’m 23 years old. I might just be my mother’s child, but in all reality, I’m everybody’s child. Nobody raised me; I was raised in this society.
65. There’s nobody in the business strong enough to scare me.
Tupac Quotes About Life Goes On
66. In my mind I’m a blind man doin’ time.
67. With all my fans I got a family again.
68. It seems like every time you come up something happens to bring you back down.
69. Of course I’m going to say ‘I’m a thug,’ that’s because I came from the gutter and I’m still here!
70. I’ve been shot five times but I’m still breathing, living proof there a God if you need a reason.
71. I have not brought violence to you. I have not brought ‘thug life’ to America. I didn’t create ‘thug life;’ I diagnosed it.
72. If I was white, I would be like John Wayne. I feel like a tragic hero in a Shakespeare play. Somebody who pulled himself up by his bootstraps, from poverty.
73. Behind every sweet smile, there is a bitter sadness that no one can see and feel.
74. I shall not fear man but God, though I walk through the valley of death.
75. I am not a perfectionist, but still I seek perfection. I am not a great romantic, but yet I yearn for affection.
76. No matter who committed the crime, they all yell at me. And the media is greedier than most. You could sell ‘em your soul and they’ll be on ya till a nigga’s a ghost.
77. I feel like Black Jesus got his hands on me and guides me through life to put me where I’m supposed to be.
78. You can never ‘just be friends’ with someone you fall in love with.
79. It takes skill to be real. Time to heal each other.
80. Out of anger comes controversy, out of controversy comes conversation, out of conversation comes action.
81. I didn’t choose the thug life, the thug life chose me.
82. I worked hard all my life as far as this music business. I dreamed of the day when I could go to New York and feel comfortable and they could come out here and be comfortable.
83. The only time I have problems is when I sleep.
84. If you could walk a mile in my shoes you’d be crazy too.
85. America wants its respect.
86. No matter what these people say about me, my music doesn’t glorify any image. My music is spiritual when you listen to it. It’s all about emotion, I tell my innermost, darkest secrets.
87. Don’t change on me. Don’t extort me unless you intend to do it forever.
88. They got money for the war but can’t feed the poor.
89. What people do for the struggle of power is madness.
90. Imperfection is inherited, therefore we all sin, but fighting the war of sin is the greatest war of all because we all die in the end, no matter how hard we fight.
91. I know death follows me, but I murder him first.
92. Ain’t a woman alive that can take my momma’s place.
7 Interesting Facts about Tupac
- Tupac was actually Lesane Parish Crooks. His mother actually changed his name almost one year after he was born.
- Tupac was a Baltimore School for the Arts student. He attended BSFA and took a ballet class.
- Madonna was Tupac’s girlfriend!
- Before Tupac’s death, he was cast in Cool Runnings and Higher Learning as well as Menace II Society and How To Be A Player.
- Biggie’s first Rolex was purchased by Tupac.
- Tupac’s current net worth is approximately $40 million. This is without taking into account any other money that he might have earned besides the work he did before his death.
- Tupac auditioned to play “Bubba”, in Forrest Gump.
Tupac was shot while on a Las Vegas trip in 1996. He died six days later. He was just 25 years old. Five more studio albums with his music were released after his death.
His music, poetry and messages left an indelible mark on society throughout his life and his passing. Many consider him to be one of the greatest rappers.
Tupac is still a very popular rapper nearly 20 years after his death. These Tupac quotes are a great example of his ability to weave political and social messages into his poetry and music to encourage others to persevere.