India, Malaysia, and the United States celebrate friendship day on 1st August 2021. Yet, the search for friendship day gifts, quotes, ideas, bands, flower bouquets, and cards online and in retail stores engulf every year. Friendship day isa new tradition, which is followed after the First World War. Yet, it gained popularity worldwide after WWII. Here, we have listed the different dates of friendship day, importance, and messages to celebrate with your friends.
When Is Friendship Day Celebrated?
Globally, many countries follow different dates annually to celebrate friendship day. Here, we have mentioned the varied important dates of major countries that celebrate this occasion as a national holiday and a festival. It is celebrated annually in many countries of this world.
- Friendship day occasion in Argentina falls on 20th July every year.
- Friendship day occasion in Bolivia falls on 23rd July annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Brazil falls on 20th July annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Colombia falls on the second Saturday of March annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Ecuador falls on 14th July annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Estonia falls on 14th February annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Finland falls on 14th February annually.
- Friendship day occasion in India falls on the first Sunday of August annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Malaysia falls on the first Sunday of August annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Mexico falls on 14th July annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Nepal falls on 30th July annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Pakistan falls on 19th July annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Spain falls on 30th July annually.
- Friendship day occasion in South Africa falls on 16th April annually.
- Friendship day occasion in the United States falls on the first Sunday of August annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Uruguay falls on 20th July annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Venezuela falls on 14th July annually.
- Friendship day occasion in Ukraine falls on 9th June annually.
Why Is Friendship Day Celebrated?
Friendship day emerged out to improve the sale of the greeting card printing industry in the 1920s. The founder of Hallmark Cards took the first initiative. It was proposed in Paraguay, and it got UN recognition in 1998. It is celebrated to honor our friends.
Friendship Day Festival
The Hindus celebrate friendship day as Raksha Bandhan. They tie bands to their loved ones of both sexes. They celebrate this occasion with a holiday, serving sweets, gifts and greet their friends in India and abroad. The people belonging to the Hindu community do celebrate this occasion as brotherhood day.
They greet their distant friends by taking the social media networking sites. Friends join and spend leisure and recreational activities in picnic sites. The majority of the unmarried friends celebrate this occasion at bars and pubs.
Friendship Day Occasion
This occasion falls on Sunday to make pals, neighbors, school, college, and office colleges evolve and celebrate this occasion by meeting them. Thus, the 1st Sunday is fixed by many countries of this world as friendship day.
Before the emergence of digital communications, cards and bands were most brought and given to friends. Today, digital communication mediums are used to send friendship day wishes via quotes, cards, and infographics.
Happy Friendship Day Quotes
- There are times in our life when we realize how blessed we are from the friendships we have formed over the years graduations, and retirements often remind us of this.
- On “Friendship Day,” we recognize the people we call friends, and there is an added incentive to add new friends …..that’s the spirit of the day.
- My wish is that our friendship continues for the rest of our lives. Happy Friendship Day.
- You are like the candle that brightens up the room. Many happy days are wished for you this Friendship Day.
- I wish more happiness for you on this Friendship Day for the happiness you bring into other’s lives.
125 Art Quotes from Famous Artists- Inspirational Quotes
Smriti Mandhana Quotes- Cricketer
30 Cristiano Ronaldo Quotes That Will Make You Inspire
Best Congratulation Messages for Promotion to senior, Colleague, Friend, Brother, Quotes, Wishes
Romantic Good morning Messages and Quotes
- Quote4 months ago
Quote of the Day: Inspirational, Motivational and Positive
- wishes5 months ago
Congratulations on your new job quotes – Funny good luck in your new job messages , wishes, SMS
- Quote17 hours ago
Smriti Mandhana Quotes- Cricketer
- Uncategorized8 months ago
Alan Watts Quotes on Relationships & love । Inspirational Collection
- Christmas3 years ago
Top 100+ Free Christmas frames and borders & Christmas picture Photo frames PNG free Download
- Uncategorized3 months ago
Inspirational Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel Quotes, Sayings with images & Photos
- Quote2 years ago
100+ Funny Inspirational Quotes that make you Laugh Out Loud
- Uncategorized2 years ago
Winnie the Pooh Love Friendship Goodbye Life Funny and Birthday Quotes